08 Jan 2018: Logan has had three blood samples taken to date, to test his ACTH levels, his original test confirmed he had PPID. The upper limit for PPID being 29, and he was 178. He was put on a Prascend tablet a day (which costs about £1.50) and after 6 weeks his test showed 22 which was within normal range. We continued with the tablet for 6-8 weeks and his third test showed 21. This now confirms this is the right dosage and the drug has stabilised his condition, which is great news. He will probably have an annual blood test now unless there are any changes to his health in the mean time.
Last month we found out that Logan was suffering with Equine Cushings/PPID and set up a Crowd fundraising page to raise money to help us fund some of his ongoing medication. We set a target of £200 which is about 3-6 months worth of medication depending on dosage which we will know more about after his next blood test. Sadly we have had a few issues actually getting money transferred from the Crowd fundraising page to our business account but should have it by early November. Our target was smashed in 3 weeks, which we were very overwhelmed by and wished to publicly thank those who dug deep and have kind hearts. Thanks also to all those who sent healing to Logan by distance. Thanks to those who have been donating since. If you don’t know about Logan and wish to catch up on his story see Living with a progressive illness and Equine Cushing’s Disease. Any future fundraising for Logan that we do will now be though our website using Paypal – Support Us.
The Public Thank you:
Special thank you to the following lovely people for donating to Logan’s Appeal Fund:
- Kirsty Down £10 donation – “It’s fab what you do and I hope Logan continues to get help with his treatment x”
- Rachel Vincent £10 donation – “You guys do a fab job with all your ponies and it’s nice to see such kindness and love being shown! ❤️🐴”
- Matthew Brady £50 donation
- Neil Bradley £30 donation – “Keep up the good work :)”
- Julie Chant £30 donation – ” “Hope this helps”
- Suzzanna Barnes £40 – “This should seal the deal for Herr Logan. He’s come a long way already and can’t wait to see him soon. Wishing him well. 💗”
- Stephanie Jones £20 donation
- Jenny Chapman £50 donation
Another thank you to Martha Walsh who visited recently to help clip off a lot of Logan’s hairy Cushing’s coat and is willing to come back and clip again when needed.
Latest Gallery shots: