If you are interested in volunteering for us, you have clicked on the right page, please scroll down.
If you wish to make a donation to our fundraising appeals or buy tickets to events, please click here.
Friends of Paintedhorse
- Do you love spending time with horses? Not riding, but standing on the ground with them? We are looking to connect a small group of like minded people together in our community here at Paintedhorse.
- We are looking for an hours help early Friday mornings (7am start) in Meare, Glastonbury with our winter routine, chores such as stuffing hay in hay nets, filling up water buckets and mucking out.
- In exchange you can then spend an hour of free time with our healing herd of twelve horses and ponies (who at the moment are off the flooded land in the hay barn/field shelter and several stables – hence the extra work load).
- Bring your own flask of hot tea/coffee/chocolate and take a break between work time and free time, and sit in the hay barn watching some of the herd members from there.
- You could all go on to something back in Glastonbury Town Centre such as a warm breakfast in a local tearoom or cafe, and the day is still young. If this sounds like something for you…
- Please contact us if you are interested.
- If transport is an issue? One of the group can possibly offer several people a lift from Glastonbury to our farm and back again.
Voluntary Support Team
- Some of our Friends of Paintedhorse have gone on to volunteer as members of our support team. Another of our volunteers is doing her Gold Duke of Edinburgh Award with us for the next year. Whatever your reason for volunteering, we are happy to have help and look forward to meeting you. Duties include such as refilling water buckets, hay nets, cleaning feed buckets, mucking out stables, hay barn or field shelter areas. Moving of horses, grazing horses/walking in hand, grooming horses, giving some TLC and so on. On occasions there is a need for help on our workshops and on Equine Touch workshops (this is another business at the farm that use our horses).
- If you are interested in volunteering please contact us.
- The farm is not on any bus route unfortunately so driving to us is essential.